Mice eat almost everything.
If they’re present in your house, and you’ve set a mouse trap to catch them. Which food will you use to attract them?
How you’ll decide, what is the best bait for mice?
Mice have a strong sense of smell, so may be aromatic foods, that have a strong aroma can be good bait for the mouse trap. But, we’re not sure.
So, in this article, you’ll know exactly which food items are the best mouse trap baits.
17 Mouse Trap Baits for Catching Mice
These are one of the best baits for attracting mice. There are many other things which work well, but these outperform them, and that’s why many pest control companies recommend them.
- Strong Smelling Soft Cheese
- Pet Food
- Nuts or Bird Seeds
- Peanut Butter
- Slices of Hot Dog
- Jelly Beans
- Piece of Pie
- Cashew Nuts
- Moistened Wined Gum
- Beef Jerky
Tips on Baiting Mouse Traps
When using baits in mouse traps, these below-mentioned tips can be proved a lot helpful.
- Regularly change the food bait. Mice have a good sense of smell, if they didn’t attract towards it, simply means, they’re not interested in this bait. Old bait can also be smelly and reduces the chances of trapping a mouse.
- If you’re trying to catch a mouse with the best mouse bait, but you didn’t apply it properly, then you’ll not be able to catch them.
- Place the trap with bait where you suspect their movements. Placing it somewhere, where they never go, will not be a good idea.
- When it comes to bait, use as little as possible. They’ve good sense of smell; they can identify it with even a small piece. If you use too much, then they can grab a piece without getting caught by the trap. Along with that, they can also climb walls, so you should also take this in your mind.
These are the best baits which can be used to attract mice to the traps. But, these are not the only ones.
You can try a much different type of food items, and decide which works best for you.
Catching a mouse not only depends on the bait, but it also depends on the trap which you’re using.
Which mouse baits do you use?
Please do share in the comments, and we will update this article with your recommended bait.