How many times have you gone to bathroom, kitchen, or attic, but found a few cockroaches crawling?
We all have faced this situation. Isn’t it?
Apart from their disgusting look, they play a supplementary role in spreading many diseases.
Repellents don’t work well. We’ve to kill them.
A lot of people ask about the effectiveness of roach bombs. So, let’s find out something.
Do Roach Foggers Work?
Yes, roach bombs work, and they really kill all the cockroaches that come into the contact.
There are many brands that offer great roach foggers for the house, and they really work.
But, before buying a bug bomb for roaches, you need to know the answer to one big question.
Are Roach Bombs Able to Eliminate Cockroach Infestation?
I’ll not lie to you.
In most of the cases, the so-called best roach bombs are not able to kill each and every roach in your house.
It is not like, these bug bombs are not effective.
The reason is, roaches can hide anywhere in your house.
The best place to find roaches in your house is your bathroom, toilet, and the kitchen.
These roaches do hide in the drainage pipes, behind the appliances, and many other wet areas in your house, wherein most of the times, roach bombs can’t kill them.
I don’t say the roach foggers don’t work.
They kill roaches, but they are effective to only those that come into the direct contact with it.
What is the best fogger for roaches?
If you really want to try a roach fogger, then Raid Concentrated Deep Reach Fogger is the best option for you.
It is quick, effective, and affordable.
Important Note: The rating of this bug bomb is not very good. Even, the other top-rated bug bombs also don’t have impressive ratings. This is because; they are not able to kill each and every bug in your house. As I told you earlier, roaches have a lot of places to hide, and these bug bombs can’t kill them in most of the times. Therefore, it doesn’t work for all the people.
Now, the question arises,
What is the best roach killer on the market to eliminate their entire population?
There are many products available that claim to be the strongest cockroach killer, but we know it’s not true. There are some products that work exceptionally well as compared to others.
So, which one should you choose?
I highly recommend you to read the whole article, but, if you’re in hurry, then this section will give you a quick information.
My Personal Choice
When it comes to killing roaches, then my personal choice is Advion Roach Gel Bait.
I highly recommend you to at least take a look at it, and then you’ll get to know why I love Advion Syngenta Cockroach Gel Bait.
This gel bait works on all the species of cockroaches including American, German, Australian, Asian, Oriental, and Smoky Brown.
You just have to place the bait in the corners, cracks, crevices, and the places where you see them.
It is pet safe. Based on the animal testing, there are no biologically significant effects are expected from eye contact or from skin or even by ingestion. But, it is still poison, and therefore, it’s very important to keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
My Personal Experience: In Brief
I’ll tell you the truth.
I’m using the Advion Syngenta Gel Bait from the last 4 years.
When I used it in 2014, I got great results.
Since 2014, whenever someone asks me, “What is the best cockroach killer available on the market?”
My answer is simple, “Advion Roach Gel Bait is the best product that you can buy to kill cockroaches in your house.”
If you use the bait correctly, then you’ll get rid of roach infestation from your home in less than 1 week.
No roaches after 7 days treatment.
Complete roach free home.
But, you have to use the bait after every few days to kill the new coming roaches in your home.
So, I bet that if you use Advion, then you’ll get rid of each and every cockroach in your home within 7 days.
It is working great for me, and that’s why I trust it so much. If it doesn’t work for you, then it is my fault, and I’m extremely sorry for that.
But, I strongly believe that it will work.
If you want to purchase, the price will not be an issue for you. It’s quite affordable. There are many different sizes available. You can see the prices of Advion Syngenta Gel Bait on Amazon.
Along with that, I also recommend you to take a look at the customer reviews of Advion Gel Bait so you’ll get the idea how this is working for other people.
6 Best Roach Killers: Unbiased Reviews
Advion Syngenta Cockroach Gel Bait
Advion Roach Gel is one of the most popular roach killers for apartments, houses, and even for commercial purposes.
It is able to kill roaches of all the species whether they’re German or American.
It attracts the roaches, and when they consume it, they die. It’ll work for 2 years from the date of packaging.
This roach killer is pet safe. The main ingredient is Indoxacarb, and dogs & cats can tolerate it. So, overall, you don’t have to worry about it.
It is used by thousands of users, and most of them are highly satisfied with its performance. Even, they recommend it to others. You can also check the details on Amazon.
My Experience with Advion Gel
When I had a heavy roach infestation, at first, I tried a roach spray.
It was excellent. Every time, when I saw these creatures crawling, I used the spray to kill them.
But, it was not sufficient.
So, I realized, to completely eliminate the infestation, I need something by which I can kill those hidden roaches which only comes out in the night.
Then, Advion comes into my hands.
It was more like a gel. That’s why it’s called gel bait.
I applied the bait according to the instructions, on different places that are a few feet away from each other.
On the next day, I found a few dead roaches.
Another day, a few more.
I reapplied the bait after 4-5 days. The second application removed the infestation completely from my home.
Now, I apply it once in 3 to 4 weeks to avoid any future infestation.
The gel bait dries out after one or two days, depending on the weather conditions. But, it works even it dries out.
Advion gel is pet safe, but still, I always apply it to a place that is inaccessible to Jordan (my dog).
Note: Don’t apply it on places which are treated with residual sprays, or don’t treat places with sprays where the gel has been applied. This is because, the residual spray will repel the roaches away, and they’ll not come to eat the bait.
What I Like in Advion Roach Gel
- Roaches are most active in summers, so I had to use cockroach spray a few times a day. But, now with Advion, I don’t need to pick the spray bottle again and again. Just apply it once, and it’ll kill these dirty creatures for 4 to 5 days.
- We can’t find all the roaches, but all the roaches can find the bait present on different locations. When they come out, it’ll attract them, and finally, they’ll die. So, with that, it’s very easy to get rid of cockroach infestation from your home.
- They transfer the poison from bait to other roaches, and it results in a massacre.
- Another good thing with Advion is that you can purchase a smaller version. If the infestation is low, then there is no need to invest more. As compared to the big version, you have to pay half price for the smaller version of Advion Gel.
- It’s a pet safe cockroach killer. Even, if your dog or cat licks it, you don’t have to worry. Consuming it in a large quantity may result in slightly abnormal behaviour. I apply the gel on places where my dog can’t reach. But, a lot of users say that their pet doesn’t take interest in the bait, while others recommend it because their dog doesn’t face any health issues after licking it.
Note: The Company and a lot of users say that it doesn’t affect the health of their pet. But, every pet is different, just like humans. For example, it may happen that your dog gets health issues, but dogs of your neighborhood didn’t get any health problems after consuming it. So, being safe is better than feeling sorry.
What I Don’t Like
- It does not kill in a few minutes as cockroach spray. But, this time window allows them to pass the poison to other crawling creatures, so they can die too.
From all the products I’ve tested, Advion is the strongest roach killer on the market you can purchase. It is far ahead than its competitors. It is effective, pet safe, affordable, and thousands of people are using it.
Raid Ant & Roach Killer Spray
It’ll kill their all the cockroach species & ants. It not only works on these two, with this spray, you can also deal with a number of bugs.
They die when they come into the contact with it. But, you have to use it directly on the cockroaches.
The Company says, there is no chemical odour, but if you’re sensitive, then you’ll feel a low chemical like smell. Therefore, after using, it’ll be good if you open windows and leave the area for a few minutes.
This is a great product for those who want quick results. If you see a crawling creature, then using bait will not kill it immediately. In that case, there is nothing better than the Raid Roach Killer.
You can also use it as a cockroach repellent. Spray it in the cracks & crevices, and roaches will not hide there for some time.
It’s a liquid poison, therefore it’s very dangerous. Make sure to keep the pets away when you’re spraying it. If they get in the way of spray, then it can be very dangerous for them. In that case, reach to the nearest Veterinary doctor as soon as possible.
Do not use both bait & spray at the same place. Bait attracts while spray repels, and in the end, there will be no dead roaches.
It is a perfect product for those who want instant death for the crawling roaches in your bathroom.
If you are going to bath, but you see a few crawling creatures, then which product you’ll choose?
Personally, I’ll go for the spray. Kills them instantly and clears the area.
Raid is a trusted brand in the Pest Control industry, their products work and that’s why I consider Raid as the best bug spray for roaches.
What I Like in Raid Cockroach Killer
- It works fast. After spraying it on roaches, you don’ have to wait for longer. They will die in a few seconds to minutes. If you find them crawling, and can’t wait for the next day, then nothing is better than spray.
- You can also use it as a roach repellent.
- A few years ago, this spray used to have an unbearable scent. But, Companies improved their product a lot. You’ll feel a little to no chemical scent.
- It leaves a less oily residue.
- With this spray, you can also kill many other irritating bugs.
- With it, you will kill roaches where they are. But, if you’re using bait, then they’ll die in any corner of the house.
What I Don’t Like
- To get rid of a heavy infestation, you’ll have to use it every day, or even after a few hours.
- It only kills them on which you spray it directly. There’s no way to kill those which are hiding in the drain pipes & cracks. So, even after killing a bunch of them, on the next day, you may find these creatures crawling in your kitchen or bathroom.
- It becomes more dangerous when you spray it. If animals get in the way, they need immediate medical attention.
- If we had a longer & thinner spout, it would be easier to use.
- After the use, you may need to open windows to reduce the chemical odour. If you’ve sprayed it a lot, then you may have to leave the area for some time.
This Raid Roach Killer is perfect for those who want to kill them instantly. With that, you don’t have to buy a separate product for ants or other bugs.
But, when using it, you’ve to be careful with your pets & children. Make sure, they’re away from it.
To completely eliminate them from your house, you have to use it again and again.
Raid Concentrated Deep Reach Fogger
I’ll say, Raid Fogger for roaches.
In the box, you’ll get 3 foggers that kill roaches, ants, & spiders.
These roach foggers are easy to use, but you have to do the preparation before bug bombing like you’ve to cover all the appliances, furniture, utensils and other things. Don’t apply it until you cover or remove the food items. Personally, I’ll suggest you, even if you’ve covered the utensils, wash them once before using them.
It’s more like a gas or fog, and therefore it penetrates into the cracks & crevices where roaches live & reproduce, and finally kill them. But, the roaches that are hidden in the real dark corners may survive it. So, you may have to use it again after 1 or 2 weeks.
According to the Raid, it keeps killing them for up to 2 months. Many users also admit that after using this fogger, they have not seen a single cockroach from months.
It’s NOT pet-safe. When using this fogger, make sure, nobody is inside the house, not even your pets. It can be real harmful to the health of the pets & humans.
As soon as you launch the fogger, exit the area along with your pets, and remain outside for a few hours. Before entering the apartment, opening the doors & windows is important for the proper ventilation, because there will be some chemical smell, which you’ll not like, and it may cause a problem to some allergic people.
Note: Before using the cockroach fogger, make sure you read all the instructions carefully.
What I Like in Raid Cockroach Fogger
- Just place 2 or 3 foggers, and leave the area for a few hours. Your whole house will be bug-free.
- Affordable, it comes for a good price.
- Not just roaches, it kills ants & spiders too.
- Keeps killing them for up to 2 months.
- You can get rid of their whole population with the first or second application.
What I Don’t Like
- Not pet-safe.
- I’ve to leave my house for a few hours.
- Before using it, I’ve to cover all the appliances, furniture and food items. Looks like a lot of work for a lazy person like me.
- A few roaches may survive the process, and that’s why you may need to use it the second time.
It’s not pet-safe. But, you’re not going leave your pet inside when the fogger starts. You’ve to cover all the household things before you leave the area.
But, it’s the perfect choice for those who want to treat their whole house in just 4 to 5 hours. It also kills other common pests of your home. Another important is, the price is very low.
But, here’s is the deal!
Perhaps, this is the best roach bomb for apartments, but you may need to purchase the strongest cockroach killer spray to deal with the pests that survived the bombing process. If you want, I’ll suggest you buy Raid Ant & Roach Spray, it’s trusted & reliable.
12 Dupont Advion Cockroach Bait Arenas
The name of this product is slightly confusing. To be clear, you’ll get 12 arenas. These are pre-baited, and there is no need to put anything in them.
These arenas work longer, and generally, you’ll need to replace them after 2 to 3 months. Actually, it depends on the infestation, more roaches will consume more bait, and you’ll need to replace it earlier.
It’ll control the cockroach population both indoors and outdoors. Just like the Advion Syngenta Gel, it kills all the species of roaches. Actually, these are very much similar to Advion Gel, and the main ingredient is also same the Indoxacarb.
The Company clearly says that it’s a pet safe product. These arenas are designed in such a way that only roaches can reach to the bait. These arenas avoid accidental contact with them, and also it becomes real hard for pets like dog or cat to reach to the poison. But, if they’re fully motivated to eat the bait then you need to stop them.
If you’re facing a heavy infestation, then you need to place 7 to 10 arenas on the places where you see their activities like near sinks, corners, near bathroom and other similar places. For a low infestation, 2 -3 arenas will work.
Note: A lot of people ask this question that, what happens if their pet dog or cat eats dead cockroaches? Roaches consume a very little amount of bait, and therefore, I don’t think it’ll be a problem until your pet eats a lot of them.
What I like in Dupont Arenas
- Highly effective. It’s able to control the heavy roach population in your home.
- Unlike Advion Gel, there is no need to check after every 4 to 5 days. Place these arenas, and forget about cockroaches for at least 2 to 3 months.
- This is a pet safe product. But, consuming it in a large quantity may result in some health issues. While a small quantity won’t affect your big animal.
- For pets & children, it’s difficult to reach to the bait, which provides more safety. But, still, I recommend placing them out of the reach from them.
- Cockroaches can transfer the poison to one another that helps to deal with a large number.
What I Don’t Like in Dupont Arenas
- It’s not as fast as a spray, but like I said earlier, it gives a window to transfer the poison to others.
- You only get 12 Arenas, which means, you can place them on 12 places. If you’ve a big house, you may need to purchase more than 1 set of Arenas.
Both Dupont Arenas & Advion Gel are almost same.
If you’re facing a heavy infestation, then you can put gel anywhere you like. You can place thousands of small dots with it.
But, with Dupont Arenas, you can place them on only 12 different places. That means, to deal with more number of roaches, you have to purchase more Arenas. But, it gives more safety and easy to use.
So, whether you want to go with Advion Syngenta Roach Gel or the 12 Dupont Advion Arenas, now it’s your choice.
Harris Roach Tablets
These are the cockroach killing tablets which contains 40% boric acid as their main ingredient.
Boric acid is produced from Borax, and it effectively kills roaches. But, as the Harris Company has added lure in the tablets, therefore, roaches come, eat the tablets, and they take the boric acid to their nest which results in the elimination of their entire population.
It is one of the most economical pest control product available on the market. This one box will contain more than 100 tablets, that you can use for months or years to eliminate these dirty insects.
With these, you can kill the most common pests like roaches, silverfish, water bugs, and ants.
These are very easy to use. You just have to place a tablet in a place where it’s not accessible by pets & children. These are odorless, and you won’t feel their existence in your house.
But, these are not safe for pets. These tablets can make your pet sick. The effect on health will be depending on the size of your pet, and the amount he just consumed. The consumption of these tablets can result in serious health issues. So, be careful.
Therefore, you should use them in places where your pets can’t reach them like under appliances, under drawers, or in other places.
It is registered and approved by the Environmental Protection Agency.
What I Like in Harris Tablets
- Economical, at a very low cost, you’ll get 100+ tablets. You can use them for your whole house for months.
- These have the ability to eliminate their entire nest.
- It also works on silverfish, water bugs, and ants. One product for all of them.
- Very easy to use, just place the tablets where you want.
What I Don’t Like in Harris Tablets
- These are not as effective as Advion. Some users complain that they are not satisfied with it.
- These are NOT Pet Safe. After consuming it, your pet may have serious health issues.
- These are not very fast at killing. It may take 24 hours for roaches to die.
If you’re looking for an economical product that is not costly and still kills these dirty cockroaches, then you should go for the Harris Roach Tablets.
But, you also note that these are not pet-friendly, and it may take them 24 works to work.
Most of the users are happy with it, but, still, some of them are not satisfied with its performance.
Trapro Cockroach Traps
The best thing is you don’t have to worry about your pets because poison is not involved here.
These traps are pre-baited. The baits are present to just attract the cockroaches, and when they come to eat, they get stuck in the glue. After that, you have to kill them. For that, you can bury them underground; make sure, they don’t come back alive. You can burn them along with trap, pour boiling water on them or just throw it far away from your house.
The glue coating is really good. Once these small dirty creatures caught, they won’t be able to escape from it.
These glue traps are really helpful to get rid of cockroaches from places where you don’t want to use poison baits & sprays. These are non-toxic, and therefore, you can use them in the kitchen. You can also use them in the cupboard, storage rooms, bathroom, near sewer lines, and in other places.
In the one box, you’ll 10 traps. With these 10 traps, you can easily eliminate them from your apartment.
You can use one trap for 3 to 4 weeks. But, when the glue will dry and becomes ineffective depends on the weather conditions of the area.
What I Like in Trapro Traps
- These are non-toxic & eco-friendly. Generally, we try to avoid using a spray in the kitchen, near utensils. But, these traps can be used in the kitchen without thinking twice.
- These are pet safe. I’ve heard from some people that, their dog ate the bait present in this trap, and it doesn’t affect him. But, make sure, you take the trap away from your pets because the bait is specially made for roaches and your pet can be stuck in the glue. Trying to remove the glue trap from the face may hurt your pet.
- Perfect for places like the kitchen, where you don’t want to use poison & sprays.
- Apply the trap, and forget about it for a few days.
What I Don’t Like in Trapro Traps
- Not very effective in dealing with the heavy cockroach infestation. Every day, it’ll catch a few of them, but it doesn’t stop others to multiply. The population still increases.
- After caught in the trap, you have to pour boiling water, or burn the trap to kill them. But, I don’t like this part.
- Picking a trap full of roaches, Aeww, I don’t want to do that.
These are non-toxic and eco-friendly, but unfortunately, if you’re dealing with a heavy cockroach infestation, then cockroach trap alone can’t kill all of them. It just catches only those which try to eat the bait.
To eliminate their entire population, I’m afraid you have to take the help of other roach killing products.
I’ll suggest you using poison bait or spray like Advion Cockroach Gel Bait or Raid Roach Spray for places like the bathroom, storage rooms, attics etc. And for the places like the kitchen, you can use these non-toxic traps.
These are the best roach killers for apartments that are available on the market.
For what I’ve observed, poison bait is the fastest way to eliminate their population from your home. After the application, you’ll see the difference from the next day.
So, I’ll recommend you to go with Advion Gel Bait. You can read Advion Cockroach Gel Bait Review in my another article.
Nowadays, cockroach bombs and foggers are also becoming popular because you just have to set one fogger and most of the pests die. So, bug bomb for roaches is also a good choice if you want.
Which product have you used to fight them? How it goes? Please share your experience in the comments section