No one wants a wasp nest near their house.
These angry wasps, hornets, & yellow jackets can sting you anytime.
If you find out that, there is a full nest of wasps in your garden, what you’ll do?
No doubt, there are some professional sprays which you can purchase from the market, and they also do a good job of killing & repelling them.
But, is there any home remedy on which you can trust?
If you want to read, I’ve also shared an article about the use of soapy water to fight wasps & hornets, and today, in this article, you’ll read about the encounter of peppermint oil with these angry insects.
Does Peppermint Oil Repel Wasps?
There are many home owners who have used peppermint oil to get rid of wasps from their property.
For some people, this essential oil worked well, and after the spray, these angry insects didn’t come back.
But, do you know, what’s the problem with home remedies?
They don’t work for all the people. There can be many reasons for that.
So, I’ll suggest, if you’ve peppermint oil in your home, then try this homemade wasp repellent at least once.
How to Use Peppermint Oil to Repel Wasps
There is nothing complex in this homemade spray. You just need to mix a few things, and you’re good to go.
- First of all, take a spray bottle and fill it with water and vinegar, approximately 4 oz. each. Then add lemongrass and peppermint oil, approximately 4 to 6 ml.
- Shake well, to mix the ingredients properly.
- Now, find the nest, and spray the solution on it. When doing it, make sure, you’re protected (at least wear full sleeve clothes & pants) in case if some they attack you.
- When you spray, they will fly away because of the strong scent of the ingredients. Now, spray some more on the nest, and the other places where you suspect they can make a nest.
- Spray the solution after every couple of days, and the problem should be solved.
What If These Home Remedies Doesn’t Work?
If these remedies don’t work for you, then you’ve two options.
- Purchase Wasp Killing Products
- Call a Pest Control Company
Should You Hire a Wasp Exterminator?
We already know that when it comes to dealing with wasps, we should hire exterminators.
But, there is a catch!
They are expensive.
If you can afford an exterminator, then I’m sure, you’ll not risk yourself to go near the wasp nest.
But, how much does a wasp exterminator cost?
Is it 80$, 200$, or 1000$?
With the help of an exterminator search tool, you can get an exact estimate of wasp removal for your house.
After that, if you feel like,
“No, they’re expensive. I can’t afford them”.
Then, you can use any wasp killing products, but you have to do all the things by yourself.
Be careful while dealing with wasps using DIY methods, they can sting you multiple times.
So, I highly recommend that you take advantage of free exterminator search tool, and get an exact estimate of your house.
If you can’t afford an exterminator, then don’t worry.
There are some good products that you can purchase at a very low cost.
I recommend that you read this article about wasp killing products that’ll help you to choose one.
This homemade wasp spray with peppermint oil worked for many people. Therefore, if you have this essential oil at your home, then go ahead, try this remedy.
But, if you don’t have it at your home, then don’t purchase one just for dealing with these insects.
In that case, going with wasp killer sprays will be a good idea.
How you’re handling them at your property? Please do share in the comments.