Let’s don’t waste time, and get to the point.
Can fleas live in human hair?
Yes, then can live in human hair.
Once, they were considered as pet-specific parasites, but now the situation is changed.
If there is a heavy flea infestation in your area or there are no pets around, then fleas can target humans.
No doubt, they prefer pet animals like dogs & cats over humans, but, if they don’t have the option, they’ll definitely attack you.
Fleas in Human Hair
Fleas in human hair become a cause of concern because it can be a big nuisance. They create a nuisance and many times getting rid of fleas from human hair can be a cumbersome task.
If the number fleas in human hair increase, then getting rid of them becomes more difficult.
Fleas in Human Hair Symptoms
In the below, I’ve shared a few symptoms which can be used to detect whether you’ve fleas or not.
- Some people don’t experience allergic reactions to the flea bites because they’ve developed the immunity against their bites.
- Itching can be felt when these small insects bite.
- Allergic reactions can take place.
- Generally, red welts and bumps appear where fleas have bitten you. Usually, they last for two to three days.
How to Get Fleas Out of Human Hair
It is highly important that you get rid of fleas from human hair when they’re low in numbers, because if the situation is not handled quickly, then they will multiply soon. Then, it’ll be much tougher to eliminate them from your hair.
- Flea Shampoos: There are many companies that manufacture shampoos for pets, but, unfortunately, there is no flea shampoo for human hair (I didn’t find them, if you know about any, then share the info in the comment). However, there are many cases reported on the internet, where pet owners used dog shampoo by mistake, and didn’t see any side effect. It’s up to you, if you want to take risk and going to try your dog’s flea shampoo on human hair. But, I advise you that, don’t use dog shampoo on human hair.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is considered as a repellent for fleas. So, you can use it to repel them away from you. Check this article for more info about using coconut oil for flea treatment.
- Baking Soda:Make a paste of baking soda and water. Now, spray it on your hair, and leave it for at least 10 minutes. Wash your hair with the warm water, and comb them to remove any dead fleas.
- Lemon Scented Dish Soap:Some people claim that they get good results after using lemon scented dish soap for the washing their hair. It’s not costly, so you can try it.
- Apple Cider Vinegar:Make a solution of apple cider vinegar and warm water, and apply it on your hair. Leave it for 10 minutes, and wash your hair. Read this short article about vinegar for killing fleas.
These are the home remedies if you got fleas on your hair. But, these home remedies will not kill other fleas & their eggs which are present in your house.
If you’ve fleas in your house, then they can reach on your hair. So, make sure, you completely eliminate them from your house.
Flea bombs are one of the most effective solutions to this problem. You can get rid of fleas with foggers, and these products are also able to kill their eggs.
You can also read this short article about how to kill fleas using borax powder.
These small insects can attack you, or your pet. So, the best way to deal with them is to completely eliminate them from your house.
You can use home remedies, pesticides, or take the help of professionals, but the main point is, get them out of your house.