Can we find fleas on people?
The answer is Yes.
If there are no pets around, then you can become the target, because you’re the only option. They prefer pet animals like dogs & cats over humans, but, if they don’t have the option, they can attack you.
Fleas in human hair is a cause of concern. Not only this, getting rid of them out of human hair is also a difficult task, and it becomes harder when they’re in large numbers.
Symptoms of Fleas in Human Hair
In the below, I’ve shared a few symptoms which can be used to detect whether you’ve fleas or not.
- Some people don’t experience allergic reactions to the flea bites because they’ve developed the immunity against their bites.
- Itching can be felt when these small insects bite.
- Allergic reactions can take place.
- Generally, red welts and bumps appear where fleas have bitten you. Usually, they last for two to three days.
How to Get Rid of Fleas in Human Hair
Eliminating fleas from human hair is highly important if not, they’ll multiply, and the situation will be worse in the coming days. Here are the few ways which can be used to get rid of them.
- Flea Shampoos: There are many companies that manufacture shampoo especially for flea & lice treatment. You need to just apply that over the hair and leave it for at least 10 minutes. Now, wash your hair with warm water. Comb your hair with the fine-toothed comb to remove the dead fleas and their eggs.
- Baking Soda: Make a paste of baking soda and water. Now, spray it on your hair, and leave it for at least 10 minutes. Wash your hair with the warm water, and comb them to remove any dead fleas.
- Lemon Scented Dish Soap: Some people claim that they get good results after using lemon scented dish soap for the washing their hair. It’s not costly, so you can try it.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Make a solution of apple cider vinegar and warm water, and apply it on your hair. Leave it for 10 minutes, and wash your hair.
These are the home remedies if you got fleas on your hair. But, these home remedies will not kill other fleas & their eggs which are present in your house.
If you’ve fleas in your house, then they can reach on your hair. So, make sure, you completely eliminate them from your house.
Flea bombs are one of the most effective solutions to this problem. You can get rid of fleas with foggers, and these products are also able to kill their eggs.
You can also read this short article about how to kill fleas using borax powder.
These small insects can attack you, or your pet. So, the best way to deal with them is to completely eliminate them from your house.
You can use home remedies, pesticides, or take the help of professionals, but the main point is, get them out of your house.